I think i'm finding a common theme in the photos i like! SMILES! i think especially because they are of friends and loved ones capturing the moment of them smiling and laughing really is special.
Lots of my photos are out of focus, which is really annoying but made me think about a interview i read about Nan Goldin, the interviewer asked if she does this on purpose
"Some of your pictures are blurred. You did it on purpose?
Actually, I take blurred pictures, because I take pictures no matter what the light is. If I want to take a picture, I do not care if there is light or no light. If I want to take a picture, I take it no matter what. Sometimes I use very low shutter speed and they come out blurred, but it was never an intention like David Armstrong started to do what we call, he and I, "Fuzzy-wuzzy landscapes." He looked at the back of my pictures and studied them. He started to take pictures like them without people in them."
My favorite technique is to use a low aperture, instead of a flash. This sometimes means images come out blurred, however some of the blurred photos have captured something really special to me. So I am wondering if i will be able to keep these in?
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment