I had a very productive session in class with Stu the other day. We looked at basically all of my photos i have taken over an extended period of time and narrowed them down to about 70 odd pics.
Of these i have now chosen about 34 that i think i want to make the final cut. I'm not sure if this has to be narrowed down further. I no that Stuart only wants us to use the best photos we have so I am trying really hard not to waste space but i just can't seem to narrow my choices down any further. I think i am perhaps too emotionally attached to my photos so it might be worth having a friend or family member look over them and see what they think should be included. Perhaps if i do this with a few people i will be able to find a common theme and just include pics that several people think are worthy.
I think that my "theme" has also been refined. I'm not so much going to look at smiles, as i mentioned in my last blog, but just look at friends, family, relationships and really build a story with some powerful photos.
I want each photo to show one or more of these themes that i mentioned above. So i think i will look closer at each photo i have chosen and see that they capture these things. This could be a good way to eliminate some.
Next time i write i would like to give some thought to my artists statement.
But thats all for now.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment